CoverMe Medical is an expanding online healthcare network that instantly connects Medical Specialists and Healthcare facilities to professional opportunities for work or to find cover support. CoverMe Medical enables seamless collaboration with secure and efficient communication and access to important surgical list information between authorised team members.
CoverMe Medical helps streamline the surgical experience for hospitals and specialists to provide better patient and business outcomes for everyone.
How does CoverMe work?
By joining the CoverMe Medical you will be instantly connected to a network of regional medical specialists and hospital facilities with a set of mobile tools to share opportunities for work or find cover when you need it and seamless manage the communications required, keeping all involved medical professionals informed of any changes.
To get started you can:
1. Add your current list schedule – for anywhere mobile access in a private and secure environment, only visible to you and those you may have delegated authority to (e.g. your Practice Manager). *Your admin team can add your schedule for you using the web portal.
2. Get Started!– Request Cover for your lists or access and offer to fill new work opportunities from anywhere, anytime!
3. Add your contacts – invite your colleagues to the CoverMe Medical network to share and prioritise work opportunities to them with by sorting them into preferred, standard or blocked categories.
How Can I start using CoverMe Medical?
If you have registered as a Anaesthetist or Surgical Assistant you can see the current available cover opportunities in your opportunities tab on the Web or Mobile App.
You will be notified by email and in your app when new opportunities are requested to the network.
The opportunities you receive will be based on your Occupation, Specialities and Regions you set when you registered. You can manage these in your Profile settings.
If you are a Surgeon or Proceduralist looking for surgical resources or an Anaesthetist or Surgical Assistant looking for cover for your own list – you can add a Cover Request at any time – see below for more information on how.
You should also start by inviting your colleagues in your region to establish a sharing network. The more colleagues you invite – the faster the network grows and the more opportunities to find more work or faster cover for your lists. Invite colleagues by adding them to your Contacts.
See the Getting Started Section below for an overview of the application and answers to common questions.
Where is CoverMe Medical available?
There is no limit to where CoverMe Medical can go!
CoverMe Medical has a large and well established network of specialists operating in the Hunter region of NSW and we are growing every day!
Anyone with a current AHPRA registration can join CoverMe Medical and establish their own network or group in any region in Australia by inviting their colleagues to share opportunities and support each other with cover when needed and save everyone valuable time in the process by using CoverMe Medical’s access anywhere applications.
Available nationally. Register your interest for help in getting started in your region.
CoverMe Medical can be accessed in two ways. Using the Web Portal or the Mobile App.
The Web Portal does not require any application download or installation and is mainly designed for administrators managing clinicians within group practices. The Web Portal can be accessed at https://app.covermemedical.com/app.
The CoverMe Medical Mobile App is only available for Clinician Users and can be downloaded from the appropriate stores below.
If you are signing up as a clinician you will need to confirm your AHPRA details and your occupation/speciality before you can create your account. You can then utilise either the web portal or the mobile app to use CoverMe Medical.
If you would like your administration staff to manage your CoverMe Medical processes you can ask your Admin staff to create a profile as someone who Manages Healthcare Professionals.
Your admin staff can set up a group and invite you to the group where you can delegate them to act on your behalf.
Mobile App Screens
Mobile App – Finding Cover
Surgeons - Finding a Surgical Resource
Find an Anaesthetist or Surgical assistant
- Using the Schedule screen click the ‘+’ button in the right corner
- Choose Find Resource
- Choose the occupation your looking for
- Choose a specific clinician to send directly to them or
- Check the Find Clinician to send to the regional network
- Add Speciality; Location; Times and and recurring list if needed
- Click Find Resource
- Your Request is posted – you will receive app and email notifications when you get an offer
- Open Requests Screen to Cancel Request or Accept any Offers when received.
Anaesthetists and Surgical Assistants - Creating a Cover Request
You need to create you list first.
List properties need to be defined to request cover.
- If not open – Select the Schedule from the bottom Menu Bar.
- Using the Calendar icon or Date Slider bar – Choose your List date.
- Add a List by clicking the ‘+’ button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Choose your List type. (Single or Multiple Proceduralists)
- Define List Properties – Surgeon, Speciality, Location, List Times, Frequency
- Save the List to your Schedule.
- Find the list requiring cover on your schedule
- Click the Find Cover button
- Confirm or adjust list times for your cover if needed
- Choose either Assign Cover to send to a specific clinician (Direct Request) or Find Cover to the regional network based on your Contacts Priority order. (You will choose the offer you want)
- Add any notes you want to communicate on this list
- Click Assign or Find Cover button- you will be notified in App or by email when you get an offer
- Cancel your Request at any time or review Offers on the Requests screen.
- You can over rule any priority escalations for by using the Urgent Request button in the Requests screen.
Group set up
Creating Your Clinical Group
Adding a List +/- Cover Request - Anaesthetists and Surgical Assistants
- Main Menu ->Clinician Schedules
- Navigate to the list date
- Click in the day on the clinician row
- Select List with Single Proceduralist or Shared List
- Add all list Location and click NEXT or select next list item
- Search and add Proceduralist. Not required for Shared Lists
- Add/Confirm Speciality
- Confirm list times: If recurring list – check the Repeating box and add repeating pattern. *Recurring lists cant be covered. Once recurring list is created – return to schedule and request individual list date for cover (add notes to reflect ongoing list cover required if needed)
- If cover needed toggle the Cover button and add any notes – See note if you are creating recurring list
- Confirm Summary and click Create
Creating a Cover Request - Anaesthetists and Surgical Assistants
To Request Cover if you have no list created – follow the steps in Adding a List and select the Cover option when adding the List detail.
If your list is already created on the schedule:
- Click List in schedule
- Click Request Cover button
- Add any notes and issue Request
If you want to direct your request to a specific clinician:
- Double click your List on the schedule or single click and select DETAILS
- Select Request Specific Clinician
- Search for your clinician in the AHPRA database
- Click Send Request
Adding a List - Surgeons
- Main Menu->Clinician Schedules
- Find the correct date for your list
- Click on the day in the clinician row
- Choose Create List
- Add all list details
- Confirm Summary and Click Create
Creating a Cover Request - Surgeons
If your list is already present on the schedule
- Double Click List or single click and select DETAILS
- Select ADD RESOURCE in the pop up
- Confirm list times for the Resource
- Search the Occupation needed (Anaesthetist or Surgical Assistant)
- Leave Unassigned to request the network or search and select a specific clinician to send the Request to directly
- Leave the Cover Request set to YES and add any Notes
- Confirm Summary and Click Add – The Request is sent
If your list has not been created on the CoverMe Medical Schedule:
- Find the date on the schedule for your list
- Click and select Find Resource
- Add List details (Step through list using NEXT button or select each item in the left column to edit)
- Choose the Resource you need cover for (Anaesthetist or Surgical Assistant)
- Add and notes
- Confirm Summary and click Find (Occupation)
Managing the Cover Request
Once the Cover Request has been sent you can monitor the number of views, review any offers, accept any offers or cancel the request if no longer needed.
You will be notified by email as soon as an offer is made.
- Your list is Requested and the icon badge on the clinician name indicates number of active Requests
- Clicking the badge will open up a calendar view – each Request is identified by a Red circle
- Solid Red badge or circle indicates and Offer is present on a Request
- Offers and the number of views on your request are visible on the list overview in the schedule
- Double Click the list or single click and select details to review offers
- Accept any offers or cancel the request at any stage prior to accepting an offer
- Urgent Request button is used to over ride any preferred rules and send the request to everyone in the network now
- You can view any contact details on an offer by clicking the contact card next to the clinicians name
- If you accept and offer the clinician is added to your list on CoverMe Medical schedule
- All Offerors are notified of the success/unsuccessful outcome by email and in app
Finding available Theatre Space
- On the Clinician Schedules page – select the clinician from the schedule (changes to orange)
- Expand the Opportunities panel from the left margin (can pin if you desire
- Select the Theatre Space tab and choose to Offer on any you would like.
- Conflicts with any other event on your schedule will be identified
- Add any relevant Notes to your offer and confirm the list Speciality
- You can cancel any Offer before acceptance from the Theatre Space tab
- You can also identify Theatre Space Opportunities directly in your schedule and create the Offer from there.
- You will be notified by email or via your mobile app (Surgeons only) of the outcome of your offer
- If successful – your list is added to the schedule
- You can click DETAILS and use CoverMe to Add a Resource and Request cover for an Anaesthetist or Surgical Assistant
Managing Profiles and Contacts
- Select Clinician name from Clinician Schedules page
- Click Profile
- Use Personal and Professional Tabs to EDIT personal contact details, Specialities and Regions
- Select Contacts tab to add or update existing contacts
- Select existing contact to remove or change their current status
- Preferred – will receive your Requests first
- Standard – will receive your requests before non contacts
- Blocked will not get any request opportunities from you
- Add a contact using the required button
- Search AHPRA for your clinician and select correct result
- Add email details so they will receive opportunities if they are not currently using CoverMe Medical
- Add Contact
I’ve I've created my account and logged in but I don’t see any work opportunities. What next?
Answer: Existing opportunities will appear on the opportunities tab in the web portal or on mobile application. You will get a notification alert and email when new opportunities are received – confirm your notification settings on your mobile app in your profile.
If you do not see or receive and opportunities you should confirm your speciality settings, occupation and regions are correctly set in your profile settings.
Check here for regions with active requests.
If your region has no active requests for cover, you can invite your colleagues to join and help establish the opportunity network
How do I Cancel a List?
Answer: Mobile App –
Can I change my List Times?